Can we use for loop in select statement in SQL?
The for-loop-name can be used to qualify the column names in the result set as returned by the select-statement. The cursor-name simply names the cursor that is used to select the rows from the result set.
How do you loop through a select statement in SQL Server?
Set the Result Name to 0 and for the Variable Name, select objProductList. This variable will hold the results returned by the query. Click OK to close the editor. Next, add a ForEach Loop container and connect the Execute SQL task to it.
How do you apply a loop in SQL query?
DECLARE @cnt INT = 0; WHILE @cnt < 10 BEGIN PRINT ‘Inside FOR LOOP’; SET @cnt = @cnt + 1; END; PRINT ‘Done FOR LOOP’; If you know, you need to complete first iteration of loop anyway, then you can try DO.. WHILE or REPEAT..
How do you create a loop in SQL?
The Basic Syntax of a WHILE Loop
- –This variable keeps track of how many times the loop has run.
- DECLARE @Counter INT.
- SET @Counter = 0.
- –The loop begins by checking a condition is met.
- –Here we check that the counter has not exceeded 10.
- WHILE @Counter <= 10.
- –When the condition is met, the loop is entered.
How do you loop through each row of a table in SQL?
Here is the SQL statement:
- CREATE TABLE CursorTest ( CursorTestID INT IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED, Filler VARCHAR(4000), RunningTotal BIGINT ) GO.
- INSERT INTO dbo.
- CREATE TABLE #TallyTable ( Iterator INT IDENTITY(1, 1), ProductID INT ); INSERT INTO #TallyTable ( ProductID ) SELECT ProductID FROM dbo.
How do you write a loop in MySQL query?
The MySQL LOOP statement could be used to run a block of code or set of statements, again and again, depends on the condition.
- Syntax : [labelname:] LOOP statements END LOOP [labelname]
- Parameters –
- Example-1 :
- Output – 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
How do you write a nested join?
A Join A Day – Nested Joins
- [sql] SELECT pers.FirstName, pers.LastName, cust.AccountNumber, soh.OrderDate,
- [sql] SELECT cp.FirstName, cp.LastName, cp.AccountNumber, so.OrderDate,
- [sql] WITH cp AS ( SELECT cust.CustomerID, cust.AccountNumber, pers.FirstName,
- [sql] SELECT pers.FirstName, pers.LastName, cust.AccountNumber,
Is there a for loop in SQL?
In SQL Server, there is no FOR LOOP. However, you simulate the FOR LOOP using the WHILE LOOP.
How to write a loop in SQL?
First,declare and initialize a variable l_counter to zero.
How to loop through a SELECT statement?
Looping column having no gaps/duplicate values
How do I select all in a SQL statement?
returns a boolean value as a result
How to increment values dynamically in SQL SELECT statement?
How to print increment values in a single statement using dynamic sql? create table test_table (file_id number, start_id number, no_of_id number); insert into test_table(1, 1000, 3); insert into test_table (2, 1500, 4); commit; i want output like following to be print using dynamic statements: