How do I add subsystems to JOBQ?
All you have to do is perform the following steps and you’ll be able to create another QBATCH job queue in no time.
- Check to see how many jobs your QBATCH subsystem can run at one time and adjust that number, if necessary.
- Create the new job queue.
- Attach the new job queue to the QBATCH subsystem.
What is subsystem in IBMI?
The subsystem is the work place for jobs on your system. All user work is done by jobs running in the subsystem and it is important to monitor this area for slow work performance. In From IBM® Navigator for i, you can view jobs and job queues associated with the subsystems.
How do I create a subsystem in Iseries?
Creating a subsystem description
- Create a Subsystem Description (CRTSBSD).
- Create a Job Description (CRTJOBD).
- Create a Class (CRTCLS) for Add Prestart Job Entry (ADDPJE) and Add Routing Entry (ADDRTGE).
- Add Work Entries to the subsystem description.
- Add Routing Entries (ADDRTGE) to the subsystem description.
How do I start a subsystem in AS400?
To start a subsystem using IBM Navigator for i, use the following instructions:
- Expand Work Management > Active Subsystems.
- Click Actions > Start Subsystem.
- Indicate the Name and Library of the subsystem to start and click OK.
What is JOBQ in as400?
Job queue (JOBQ) Specifies that all job queues are to be displayed, or specifies the job queue whose status is to be displayed. If *ALL is specified, no value can be specified for a library name because *ALL provides a list of all job queues in every library on the system.
How do I submit a job in as400?
Submit Job (SBMJOB)
- use (*USE) authority to the job description specified on the Job description (JOBD) parameter.
- read (*READ) authority to the output queue specified on the Output queue (OUTQ) parameter and execute (*EXECUTE) authority to the library, in the submitted job’s name space, that contains that output queue.
How do I release a JOBQ in AS400?
From System i Navigator, expand My Connections > Connection > Work Management > Job Queues > All Job Queues > Right-click the queue > Release.
How can I get job in JOBQ in AS400?
To view jobs on the job queue, use the following instructions:
- Expand Work Management > All Tasks > Job Queues > Active Job Queues or All Job Queues.
- Click the job queue with which you want to display the jobs (for example, Jobqueue1). The jobs within the job queue appear.
What is JOBQ in AS400?
How do I create a job description in AS400?
- Job description (JOBD) Specifies the name and library of the job description being created.
- Job queue (JOBQ)
- Job priority (on JOBQ) (JOBPTY)
- Output priority (on OUTQ) (OUTPTY)
- Print device (PRTDEV)
- Output queue (OUTQ)
- Text ‘description’ (TEXT)
- User (USER)
How do I check my spool file in AS400?
The Work with Spooled Files (WRKSPLF) command displays a list of all the spooled files on the system or a selected list from them. You can choose to change, hold, delete, display, or release any or all of the entries that are displayed.
How do I submit a batch job in AS400?
Submitting a batch job
- The SBMJOB command submits a job to a batch job queue by specifying a job description and by specifying a CL command or request data, or specifying routing data to run a program.
- The SBMDBJOB command can be used to submit a job to a batch job queue from a database file.
How do I add a job queue to a subsystem?
The Add Job Queue Entry (ADDJOBQE) command adds a job queue entry to the specified subsystem description. A job queue entry identifies a job queue from which jobs are selected for running in the subsystem. Jobs can be placed on a job queue by spooling readers or by using the following commands:
How are job queues attached to subsystems in qbatch?
Job queues are attached to a subsystem through job queue entries in the subsystem description. To see the job queue entries associated with your QBATCH subsystem, run the Display Subsystem (DSPSBSD) command again and select option 6, job queue entries, from the Display Subsystem Description menu. You’ll see a screen that looks something like this.
What is add job queue entry (addjobqe)?
The Add Job Queue Entry (ADDJOBQE) command adds a job queue entry to the specified subsystem description. A job queue entry identifies a job queue from which jobs are selected for running in the subsystem.
How do I change the number of jobs in a subsystem?
If your maximum jobs in subsystem value is less than the number of jobs you want to simultaneously run in your subsystem, you can change it to your target number of jobs by executing one of these Change Subsystem Description (CHGSBSD) commands. Or . . .