Why is my vulva itchy sometimes?
Vaginal itching is an uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptom that often occurs due to irritating substances, infections, or menopause. It may also occur as a result of certain skin disorders or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). In rare cases, vaginal itching might develop due to stress or vulvar cancer.
What is the best cream for itchy vulva?
MONISTAT CARE® Instant Itch Relief Cream provides fast relief for itching and irritation around the vaginal area. Instead of just numbing the itch, like many creams do, our fragrance-free Instant Itch Relief Cream contains 1% hydrocortisone to stop the itch instantly.
What causes itchy vulva without discharge?
Causes of vaginal itching without discharge Infections — Your vagina or vulva may feel itchy due to a candida infection or genital warts from a viral infection. Bacterial vaginosis can sometimes result in vulvar itching (although it’s rare), likely due to contact dermatitis.
What can I put on my vulva to stop itching?
The best home remedies for vaginal itching
- Baking soda bath. Baking soda baths can potentially treat yeast infections as well as certain itchy skin conditions.
- Greek yogurt.
- Cotton underwear.
- Apple cider vinegar bath.
- Probiotic supplements.
- Coconut oil.
- Antifungal cream.
- Cortisone cream.
Is Vaseline good for itchy vulva?
Petroleum jelly is a wonderful moisturizer to use on the vulva after bathing and can be used anytime for comfort. Do not use petroleum jelly with condoms—it can break down the condom so it gets holes in it. A lukewarm or warm bath can be soothing. Do not put any soaps, bubble bath, or oils in the water.
Why do the outer lips of vulva itch?
Vulvitis is not a disease, but refers to the inflammation of the soft folds of skin on the outside of the female genitalia, the vulva. The irritation can be caused by infection, allergic reaction, or injury. The skin of the vulva is especially susceptible to irritation due to its moistness and warmth.
How can I stop itching at night naturally?
Home remedies and lifestyle changes
- Apply a lubricating, alcohol-free moisturizer like CeraVe, Cetaphil, Vanicream, or Eucerin to your skin during the day and before bed.
- Apply cool, wet compresses to soothe the itch.
- Take a bath in lukewarm water and colloidal oatmeal or baking soda.
- Turn on a humidifier.
How do I take care of my vulva skin?
What are some tips for vulvar care?
- Use warm water to wash the vulva.
- The vagina cleanses itself naturally in the form of normal, vaginal discharge.
- Wear only white, 100 percent cotton underwear.
- Avoid wearing thongs.
- Rinse underclothes carefully after washing or double-rinse.
- Wash new underclothes before wearing.
How do you stop itching immediately?
How to relieve itchy skin
- Apply a cold, wet cloth or ice pack to the skin that itches. Do this for about five to 10 minutes or until the itch subsides.
- Take an oatmeal bath.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Apply topical anesthetics that contain pramoxine.
- Apply cooling agents, such as menthol or calamine.