Can students upload videos to Moodle?
Instructors can insert videos in Moodle anywhere there is a text box, including Forums, Quizzes, etc. Students, however, are only allowed to submit videos through either assignments or forums. If you would like the video to display directly on your course homepage, add the video in through a Label.
How do you monetize a platform?
One of the most common and recognised platform brand monetisation strategies is cross-selling and up-selling to existing users. If a platform brand sells products or services directly, this purchase data can be harnessed to encourage its users (aka customers) to spend more on the platform.
How do you monetize forums?
Monetize Your Forum Directly
- Use ad networks.
- Sell ad space directly to companies.
- Mention products you affiliate-sell.
- Add a sub-forum that sells.
- Add a sub-forum for product reviews.
- Turn links in user-generated content into affiliate links.
How do I edit my discussion on Moodle?
To keep the branch of posts, try editing the post instead by clicking “Edit.” Instructors and administrators have the ability to delete, edit, and split a post in a forum. Students may also delete their post, until someone else replies to it, or until the editing period concludes.
How do you edit in Moodle?
Launch Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the “gear” icon to open the course settings.
- On the resulting drop-down list, select the Turn editing on menu option.
How can I make money in my community?
40 Ways To Make Money From Your Online Community
- Adverts. If you’re lazy, use Google Ads.
- Hosting events. Arrange events, sell for tickets.
- Hire a photographer.
- Sell community bracelets.
- Sell t-shirts.
- Build communities for a living.
- Tell others how to build online communities for a living.
- Offer custom forums for individuals.
Does Moodle have discussion boards?
Instructors and students can communicate and collaborate using Moodle Forums. Instructors can create discussion topics or, depending on the forum type, allow students to originate topics. Course members can then post replies, and subscribe if they want to receive an email copy of each post made to a particular forum.
Do forums make money?
It can make money by showing advertisements, by providing affiliate links, by selling a product, or similar ways. Not all forums exist simply to make money. Some companies set up forums as a vehicle for supporting their products, or simply to promote discussion.
How do you upload a Ziple file to Moodle?
Upload a zip file
- Turn on editing mode in your Moodle course.
- Drag the zip file from your computer to the desired topic or week in Moodle.
- Moodle will ask if you want to extract the zip file into a folder. Confirm this choice.
- A new folder with your files will appear in the topic.
How do I create a forum in Moodle?
Set up a forum
- On the Moodle course home page, in the relevant section, click Add an activity or resource, from the activity chooser select Forum.
- On the Adding a new Forum page, click Expand all, then in the General section: Enter the Forum name. Provide a Description.
How do you monetize a gaming community?
The Definitive Guide To Monetizing Your Online Community
- Charge for membership. By far the easiest, pack your community with added value and charge for membership.
- Advertising. By far the most common.
- Affiliate sales. Promote relevant products through your community and take a % of the sale.
- Focus groups.
- Branded products.
How do I get notifications on Moodle?
Go to your user menu (top right of each page) and select Preferences. Click the link ‘Notification preferences’ Click to turn on notifications for assignment, feedback, forum etc. as required.
How do you monetize an online business?
4 easy ways your small business can monetize its online presence
- Direct sales. If your website was built to support an existing product or service, one of the fundamental ways to use a website to generate revenue is to use that tool to help increase your total sales.
- Paid advertising / sponsors.
- Affiliate links.
- Direct donations.
How do Moodle forums work?
The Forum activity allows students and teachers to exchange ideas by posting comments as part of a ‘thread’. Files such as images and media maybe included in forum posts. The teacher can choose to grade and/or rate forum posts and it is also possible to give students permission to rate each others’ posts.
How do I add a FAQ in Moodle?
How do I create a new FAQ page? Just type https://docs.moodle.org/en/New_FAQ into the address field of your browser and the new FAQ page will automatically be created.
How do I create a discussion forum in Moodle?
Create a Discussion Forum in Moodle
- From the upper right of your Moodle course homepage, click Turn editing on.
- In the section from where you would like to link the discussion forum, from the Add an activity…
- Fill out the Adding a new Forum form.
- From the Forum Type drop-down menu, choose an option.
- From the Force everyone to be subscribed?
Do forums count as social media?
Forums are communities of people sharing ideas and discussion online, so yes, they are indeed social media/ social networks.
How do you post on Moodle?
Post to a Forum
- Click Add a new discussion topic (at top of page) to start a new topic (if the forum type allows). The Your new discussion topic page opens.
- If there are already discussions started, you will see a list on the Forum page.
- Click Reply to post a response inside a discussion.
How do you monetize an online community?
How to Monetize your Online Community
- Monetization Done the Right Way. There is nothing wrong with monetization if it is done in the right way.
- Create Paid Membership Options. Free membership is a win-win at the beginning for your community.
- Organize Events.
- Ask for a Donation.
- Create Focus Groups.
- Run a Contest.
- Explore Cross-Selling Opportunities.
How do I enable editing in Moodle?
How do I start editing my course?
- Navigate to your course homepage.
- Select the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of your Moodle site. Now you will see that more editing icons appear in the center section of your page. A link in the Navigation block is also available.
What does permalink mean in Moodle?
Every post made in Moodle 3.1 now comes with an option to create a “permalink”. A permalink allows you to directly link to a specific forum post so it can be easily shared with others. Clicking “permalink” highlights the specific post you are sharing, so users can be sure that they are sharing the correct information.