How can you make a story longer?
How can I make my story longer?
- Hi Tess,
- First idea: Show Don’t Tell.
- Try ‘showing’ step-by-step, rather than just saying what happened. Second idea: Add another scene.
- Someone else arrived.
- Try a funny character if it’s a serious book, a serious one if it’s a funny book.
- Should you make them more complex, deeper, with more thoughts and ambitions?
How can I make my essay look shorter?
Here are five simple tips for trimming your stories without destroying content.
- Circle or highlight all adverbs. Take them out.
- Look for a single word or short phrase followed by a comma.
- Delete helping verbs.
- Delete to be verbs.
- Turn some nouns into verbs: “I concluded” is better than “I came to the conclusion.”
How can I expand my essay?
- Ways to Expand (& Improve) an Essay.
- Expand individual paragraphs.
- Ask how and why questions.
- Add (more) concrete examples and evidence.
- Expand the introduction and/or conclusion.
- Add a sentence or two at the end of each paragraph summarizing (and/or refuting) the.
- Write new paragraphs.
How do you write a good essay fast?
How to Write High-Quality Papers and Essays More Quickly
- Understand the Assignment.
- Research with Ruthless Efficiency.
- Create a Flat Outline.
- Create the Perfect Writing Environment.
- Follow a Standard Structure.
- Focus On Quality Over Quantity.
- Draft and Edit Separately.
- Write the Conclusion and Introduction Last.
How do I make my essay look professional?
Academic Writing Advice for More Professional Essays
- 1). Always proofread.
- 2). Do not use contractions.
- 3). Avoid colloquialisms and clichés.
- 4). Don’t use big words to attempt to sound smart.
- 5). Back up all your points with evidence.
- 6). Cut out unnecessary words.
- 7). Remove ‘that’ and ‘which’
- 8). Avoid repeating the same words.
How do you make a conclusion longer?
How to Write a Strong Conclusion for Your Essay
- Restate the thesis by making the same point with other words (paraphrase).
- Review your supporting ideas.
- For that, summarize all arguments by paraphrasing how you proved the thesis.
- Connect back to the essay hook and relate your closing statement to the opening one.
What does a 5000 word essay look like?
Double spaced, 5000 words is around 20 pages; single spaced about 10 pages. Examples of 5000 word count pages include college theses, dissertation research, or very comprehensive, in-depth blog posts. Answer: 5000 words is 10 pages single spaced or 20 pages double spaced.
How do you shorten a story?
You can make structural changes to your writing that will reduce your word count:
- Cut unnecessary adverbs. These are usually the –ly words.
- Cut most adjectives. Sometimes we describe something for the sake of it.
- Strengthen descriptions.
- Use contractions.
- Remove conjunctions.
- Cut unnecessary words.
How do you make your paper longer on Google Docs?
To make your essay appear longer, try increasing the font size to 12.1, 12.3, or 12.5. See which adjustment makes the biggest difference without being too noticeable. Increase the size of periods and commas. Hold down control+F on your keyboard.
How do you shorten an essay by 100 words?
10 Tricks to Reduce Your Word Count in Academic Writing
- Delete “The” You can often omit the word “the” from your text without losing any meaning.
- Erase “That”
- Remove Adverbs and Adjectives.
- Use Shorter Words.
- Trim Wordy Phrases.
- Choose Active Voice.
- Revise Needless Transitions.
- Eliminate Conjunctions.