How do I get Elsevier journals for free?
Elsevier publishes open access articles which are free for readers to access. We also make articles openly available through our open archives and open manuscripts via the CHORUS service.
Where can I find academic sources?
The Top 21 Free Online Journal and Research Databases
- CORE. CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research.
- Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Education Resources Information Center.
- arXiv e-Print Archive.
- Social Science Research Network.
- Public Library of Science.
How do I find academic journals?
Finding Scholarly Articles
- Look for publications from a professional organization.
- Use databases such as JSTOR that contain only scholarly sources.
- Use databases such as Academic Search Complete or other EBSCO databases that allow you to choose “peer-reviewed journals”.
Is Elsevier a paid journal?
Elsevier publishes subscription articles whose publication is funded by payments that are made by subscribing individuals or institutions. Subscription prices are set independent of open access articles and open access articles are not included when calculating subscription prices.
Are academic journals free?
Academics are not paid for their article contributions to journals. They often have to pay fees to submit articles to journals and to publish. It’s true these companies are not predatory journals, businesses that will publish just about any paper — without any scientific vetting — for a fee.
What are examples of journals?
Here are some different kinds of journals that many writers find fulfilling.
- Travel Journal. Are you planning a trip sometime soon?
- School Journal. A school journal can work like an ongoing, in-depth “to-do” list.
- Project Journal.
- Diet Journal.
- Therapy Journal.
- Dream Journal.
- Gratitude Journal.
- Family Journal.
What is a professional nursing journal?
Journal of Practical and Professional Nursing (ISSN: 2639-5681) focuses to promote excellence in nursing and health care through the dissemination of evidence-based, peer-reviewed clinical information and original research, discussion of relevant and controversial professional issues, adherence to the standards of …
How do you publish a nursing journal?
Tips for getting published in a nursing journal
- Recognize the Opportunity. Most nursing journal articles are written by nurse educators required to conduct and publish research.
- Choose a Compelling Topic.
- Beware the Common Pitfalls.
- Research Potential Publishers.
- Study the Writers’ Guidelines.
- Be Patient.
- Prepare Yourself for the Process.
- Try Again.
What is considered a nursing journal?
As such writings are designed to focus on research and evidence based information, they offer a timely forum for presenting, reviewing, criticizing, and communicating about nursing issues. Nursing journals do include general publications of interest to all those working in the nursing field.
What is considered an academic journal?
An academic or scholarly journal is a periodical publication in which scholarship relating to a particular academic discipline is published. Academic journals serve as permanent and transparent forums for the presentation, scrutiny, and discussion of research. They are usually peer-reviewed or refereed.
How do I find academic journals on Google?
Search for Articles with Google Scholar
- On-campus access. Visit http://scholar.google.com and begin searching.
- Off-campus access. If you are off campus you will need to set the preferences so that Google will show you the resources that Catholic University provides.
- Searching with Google Scholar.
Is ScienceDirect a journal?
ScienceDirect is a full-text database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and 11,000 books. ScienceDirect uses natural language searching similar to a Google search.
How do you know if something is an academic source?
The term scholarly typically means that the source has been “peer-reviewed,” which is a lengthy editing and review process performed by scholars in the field to check for quality and validity. To determine if your source has been peer-reviewed, you can investigate the journal in which the article was published.
Is Elsevier a nursing journal?
The latest Open Access articles published in Journal of Professional Nursing. Elsevier stands against racism and discrimination and fully supports the joint commitment for action in inclusion and diversity in publishing.