How is TB prevented and controlled?
TB infection control including the use of masks & respirators, which means preventing the transmission of TB in such settings as hospitals & prisons. The pasteurization of milk also helps to prevent humans from getting bovine TB. There is a vaccine for TB, but it makes only a small contribution to TB prevention.
How do Alzheimer patients feel?
Eventually, much of what we consider conscious thought disappears. But emotional aspects of the disease may be just as important, especially to the friends and family who serve as caregivers. On the negative side, Alzheimer’s sufferers may have feelings of anger, anxiety, depression, fear, and loneliness.
How can I calm my agitation?
15 Ways to Calm Yourself Down
- Admit that you’re anxious or angry.
- Challenge your thoughts.
- Release the anxiety or anger.
- Visualize yourself calm.
- Think it through.
- Listen to music.
- Change your focus.
What should you not say to a dementia patient?
I’m going to discuss five of the most basic ones here: 1) Don’t tell them they are wrong about something, 2) Don’t argue with them, 3) Don’t ask if they remember something, 4) Don’t remind them that their spouse, parent or other loved one is dead, and 5) Don’t bring up topics that may upset them..
How do you calm an agitated elderly?
Tips for Coping with Agitation or Aggression
- Reassure the person.
- Allow the person to keep as much control in his or her life as possible.
- Try to keep a routine, such as bathing, dressing, and eating at the same time each day.
- Build quiet times into the day, along with activities.
What is the primary prevention of tuberculosis?
Primary prevention in tuberculosis is necessary to avoid the disease transmission and causing infection in healthy people. The BCG vaccine is given to children who are predisposed to get TB infections, such as children living in endemic countries or close contacts with a confirmed case of TB.
How can Tuberculosis be prevented naturally?
Managing your environment
- good ventilation: as TB can remain suspended in the air for several hours with no ventilation.
- natural light: UV light kills off TB bacteria.
- good hygiene: covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing reduces the spread of TB bacteria.
What drugs are used to calm dementia patients?
Antipsychotic medications for hallucinations, delusions, aggression, agitation, hostility and uncooperativeness:
- Aripiprazole (Abilify)
- Clozapine (Clozaril)
- Haloperidol (Haldol)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel)
- Risperidone (Risperdal)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon)