What are demerits of election?
 It Create delays in taking decisions.  It creates a sense of disunity in locality.  Political parties use all kinds of dirty and unethical tricks.  Different political parties and leaders often put allegations against one another.
What are the demerits of electoral competition class 9 Brainly?
1, It creates a sense of disunity and factionalism in every locality. 2, Different political parties and leaders often level allegations against one another. 3, parties nd candidates often use dirty tricks. 4, small parties who want to give for the society do not do anything.
What are limitations of democracy Class 9?
1. ignorance of masses leads of election of an unsuitable person to a position of power. this is specially true in rural areas where due to lack of education people are unable to make an informed decision. 2.
What are the limits and requirements of a democracy?
- Unstable government: Democracy always involves many political parties which contests elections with the opposition parties critisizing the ruling party.
- slow and inefficient govt. : the most common demerit is that it is slow in its functioning.
- role of money in democracy: money plays an imp.
Why Democracy is the best form of government?
Democracy places the right level of faith in humanity, gives us the autonomy to choose who rules us, and respects our rights of freedom and equality. Democracy is important for individual, social and political welfare, and is, therefore, the best form of government.
What is the age of a person who can contest election for the Lok Sabha in India *?
Article 84 (b) of Constitution of India provides that the minimum age for becoming a candidate for Lok Sabha election shall be 25 years. Similar provision exists for a candidate to the Legislative Assemblies vide Article 173 (b) of the Constitution read with Sec. 36 (2) of the R. P.
How do you understand democracy?
A democracy means rule by the people. The name is used for different forms of government, where the people can take part in the decisions that affect the way their community is run. In modern times, there are different ways this can be done: The people meet to decide about new laws, and changes to existing ones.
What are the five demerits of electoral competition?
Demerits of electoral competition are:
- It creates disunity and factionalism in every locality.
- Different political Parties and leaders often level allegations against one another.
- It is often said that the pressure to win electoral fights does not allow sensible long-term policies to be formulated.
What are the merits and demerits of election competition?
- It creates competition among parties to serve the people better.
- People will have lot of options among various leaders.
- People acn select a particular leader who can solve their problems.
- Political Competition mostly benefits the people as parties will do their best to lure the people.
Which one of the following is a demerit of electoral competition?
Answer Expert Verified Some of the demerits of electoral competition in India are : 1.It creates a sense of disunity and ‘factionalism’ in every locality. 2. Different political parties and leaders often level allegations against one another.
What is democracy in India essay?
Essay on Democracy in India – First of all, democracy refers to a system of government where the citizens exercise power by voting. Democracy holds a special place in India. Furthermore, India without a doubt is the biggest democracy in the world. Also, the democracy of India is derived from the constitution of India.
What are the merits of electoral competition Brainly?
Answer. Explanation: 1, It creates a sense of disunity and factionalism in every locality. 2, Different political parties and leaders often level allegations against one another. 3, parties and candidates often use dirty tricks.
How do you define democracy?
Democracy, which derives from the Greek word demos, or people, is defined, basi- cally, as government in which the supreme power is vested in the people. In some forms, democracy can be exercised directly by the people; in large societies, it is by the people through their elected agents.
Why Democracy is the best form of government class 9?
It is a government run by and for the people. Democracy improves the quality of decision-making. Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts. Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
What are the three merits and demerits of democracy?
Answer Expert Verified 1) a democratic government is better form of government because it is more accountable form of government. 2) democracy improves the quality of decision making. 3) democracy enhances the dignity of citizens. 4) poor and least educated has the same status as the rich and educated.
Which of the options below is the demerits of electoral competition?
An electoral competition also has many demerits. It creates a sense of disunity and factionalism in every locality. Different political parties and leaders often level allegations against one another. Parties and candidates often use dirty tricks to win elections.
Is democracy a human right?
Democracy is one of the universal core values and principles of the United Nations. Respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and the principle of holding periodic and genuine elections by universal suffrage are essential elements of democracy.
What are the three limitations of democracy?
Mention any three limitations of a democratic government
- ignorance of masses leads of election of an unsuitable person to a position of power.
- once in power, politicians or leaders tend to misuse the power bestowed upon them by the common people and may work for their own benefits rather than working for interests of common populace.
What are the two limitations of democracy?
1. they have two work for citizens and not for themselves. 2. they can’t remove or appoint any person in the work.