What is one component of a strong topic sentence?
The “topic sentence” is the sentence in which the main idea of the paragraph is stated. It is unquestionably the most important sentence in the paragraph. The topic sentence generally is composed of two parts: (a) the topic itself and (b) the controlling idea.
What are the 4 characteristics of a topic sentence?
Characteristics of good topic sentences
- Signals the topic and more focused ideas within the paragraph.
- Presents an idea or ideas that are clear and easy to understand.
- Provides unity to the paragraph (clarifies how all supporting ideas relate).
- Links to the purpose or thesis of your paper.
- Omits supporting details.
Why do you select this topic?
We chose to do Youth Drug Gang Trafficking. We chose this topic because we think it’s one of the major issues in the world and our community today. Many of the youth has faced health issues and some even have risked their lives to continue doing this act. It has become a huge problem in the society.
What is a good or sensible writing?
Sensible writing not only shows your readers your setting and your characters, it also pulls them in to hear and taste and smell and touch. Sensible writing grabs hold of your readers and won’t let them go until they read THE END.
What are the characteristics of a good topic?
Characteristics of a Good Topic Sentence
- A good topic sentence provides an accurate indication of what will follow in the rest of the paragraph.
- A good topic sentence contains both a topic and a controlling idea or opinion.
- A good topic sentence is clear and easy to follow.
How do you design research topics?
Selecting a Topic
- brainstorm for ideas.
- choose a topic that will enable you to read and understand the literature.
- ensure that the topic is manageable and that material is available.
- make a list of key words.
- be flexible.
- define your topic as a focused research question.
- research and read more about your topic.