Who is most affected by air pollution?
The groups most affected by air pollution are people of color, elderly residents, children with uncontrolled asthma, and people living in poverty. Vulnerable populations may experience more health effects because these populations already have higher rates of heart and lung conditions.
How does the weather affect what we do?
Weather affects us in a huge number of ways. Climate influences the growth of crops, thus affecting the availability and kind of food we eat. Fluctuations in weather (e.g. dry spells, wet spells) also affect crops. Weather affects what clothes we wear, and soon.
What are two main causes of climate?
Causes of Climate Change
- Earth’s temperature is a balancing act.
- The greenhouse effect causes the atmosphere to retain heat.
- Changes in the sun’s energy affect how much energy reaches Earth’s system.
- Changes in reflectivity affect how much energy enters Earth’s system.
How is climate change caused?
The evidence is clear: the main cause of climate change is burning fossil fuels such as oil, gas, and coal. When burnt, fossil fuels release carbon dioxide into the air, causing the planet to heat up.
How does weather affect human life?
1. Weather has a profound effect on human health and well-being. It has been demonstrated that weather is associated with changes in birth rates, and sperm counts, with outbreaks of pneumonia, influenza and bronchitis, and is related to other morbi dity effects linked to pollen concentrations and high pollution levels.
What is the natural climate?
Climate varies without human influence, and this natural variation is a backdrop for the human-caused climate change occurring now. Cyclical variations in the Earth’s climate occur at multiple time scales, from years to decades, centuries, and millennia. …
How does weather affect the Earth?
Storms can change the shape of coastlines. In this way, weather can change the shape of landforms. More importantly, weather affects the biosphere — the environment that allows life to exist. Changes in the weather can have an impact on what plants and animals can survive in a given place, for example.