Why should you never swim alone?
The reason we never swim alone is that we might drown, and no one would know we were missing. No one would know we were in trouble. So, no matter may come, we’ll cling to Rule #1: never swim alone.
What are the basic water safety principles?
Basic water safety
- Never climb over a fence or go through a gate where there is a swimming pool, pond, lake, or other body of water unless you are with an adult.
- Swim or play in the water only when an adult agrees to watch you.
- Do not run, push, or play roughly around water.
- Do not bring glass near the water.
What is the importance of safety first?
Workplace safety is very important for each and every employee in the industry because all the workers desire to work in a safe and protected atmosphere. Health and safety is the key factor for all the industries in order to promote the wellness of both employees and employers.
What is the number 1 safety rule?
1. Keep work areas clean. Proper housekeeping alone can go a long way in preventing injuries. Injuries such as slips, trips, falls, lacerations, sprains, strains, etc.
What is a cost of poor health and safety?
Costs of poor health and safety at work Millions of working days are lost due to work-related illness and injury. Thousands of people die from occupational diseases. Around a million workers self-report suffering from a work-related illness. Several hundred thousand workers are injured at work.
What’s the best time to swim?
What does safety mean to me interview question?
It means taking the time to recognize the hazard(s) and taking the appropriate steps to protect yourself, your fellow workers, family and friends. Everyone should develop the habit of thinking about safety during a work shift, on the way home, at home or on vacation.
What are the consequences of poor health and safety?
Increased Risk of Ill Health, Injury, and Death A work-related illness or injury can not only put an employee out of work for a while and impact their quality of life; it may also damage your business’s productivity, finances, and reputation – all of which can be difficult to recover from.
How do you manage health and safety?
Managing health and safety Plan: Identify the risks in your business and plan how to manage each risk. Do: Prioritise and control your risks. Consult with employee, and provide training and appropriate information. Check: Measure the impact of your management systems and continually assess risks.
What are the 4 key water safety messages?
*The four key water safety messages include:
- Always swim in a safe place.
- Always swim with an adult.
- If you fall in, float, breathe, relax.
- If someone else in trouble, call 999/112.
What are the swimming safety tips?
- Always ensure that there is adult supervision when children are swimming.
- Never leave a child alone in or near the water.
- Never let children swim alone.
- Make sure children swim in supervised or designated areas.
- Never let a child swim during a storm or when there is lightening.