How do you beat a cunning person?
Here are some ways to deal with cunning people.
- Toss the ball back into their court. Cunning people usually ask probing questions to get more insights into your personal life.
- Be assertive. Do not allow a cunning person to play emotional games with you.
- Change the subject.
- Portray your weaknesses well.
- Ignorance is bliss.
What is difference between genius and intelligent?
There’s a big difference between being really smart and being a genius. While geniuses tend to be exceptionally intelligent, they also use imagination and creativity to invent, discover or create something new within their field of interest.
Is being cunning a bad thing?
“Cunning” is more negative, meaning “good at deceiving people” (though in the past it used to be equivalent to “cute”!). “Sly” is about the same as “cunning”. You might also consider “scheming” if she has specific intentions, and “devious” if she hides her true intentions.
Is it better to be wise or smart?
A good friend of mind once said that it’s easier for a wise person to gain knowledge than for a smart person to gain judgment. The obvious difference is that being smart is a process of learning while being wise is a product of experience.
How can you tell if someone is smart in 3 minutes?
Smart people know that listening is more valuable than talking and that neither beats thinking for yourself. They try to avoid repeating the obvious so they can spend their time and energy on what requires analysis and creativity. Being too eager opens us to error and careless mistakes.
How can I be a sly person?
- Be clever, Always think a way round something. Helpful 1 Not Helpful 0.
- Don’t give away secrets. Helpful 2 Not Helpful 2.
- Pretend to be innocent. Helpful 0 Not Helpful 1.
- Be kind and sharp.
- Shrewd and sly men and women are all mentally strong people.
- Don’t be in the centre of the crowd, stay quiet and unnoticeable.
How can I become very clever?
Here’s how to get smarter:
- Do Different Things That Make You Smarter. The point of this list involves diversifying your day.
- Manage Your Time Wisely.
- Read a Little Every Day.
- Review Learned Information.
- Study a Second Language.
- Play Brain Games.
- Get Regular Exercise.
- Learn to Play a Musical Instrument.
Is being sly a bad thing?
When you’re sly, you’re crafty, cunning, tricky, and wily. Being sly is being deceitful, though not in the worst way. If you’re good at lying, you’re quite sly: people who are sly are good at pulling one over on other people. Slyness has to do with smaller, sneakier, more harmless kinds of lying.
What makes a person cunning?
Someone who is cunning has the ability to achieve things in a clever way, often by deceiving other people. These disturbed kids can be cunning. They were cunningly disguised in golf clothes. Cunning is the ability to achieve things in a clever way, often by deceiving other people.
Is it OK to be cunning?
The same behaviour, when used to our benefit, we might describe as “intelligent” or “smart.” It is when we’ve decided that the person is bad that we use the word “cunning.” That will never be a good or positive thing because it means that that individual cannot be trusted with or in anything.
What woman has the highest IQ?
Marilyn vos Savant